Sunday, April 13, 2008

Be Nice to noobs you turds!!!!!!!

Ok so I recently rediscovered shoot em up gaming, I had never played multiplayer except on Blaxxun communities where I built my own VRML game engine ( Combat2 ) ,.. so this buddy of mine (Karamba) from SL (second life) finally persuades me to register with Steam . Now I had baught Half-Life ( Generations ) quad CD pack some time ago to supliment my original HL , and put it in the cupboard unused because I lost my PC to a Trojan, and the replacement system only had a onboard GPU (SIS) that couldn't hack the 3d so well. Any way , now that I got a decent GPU (nvidia G-force 7600 GS AGP) I figured 'WTH , lets give it a go'.



Steam lets you register an existing CD game, so lo and behold I found my CD key unlocked the platinum pack , including Counter Strike. So I thought I was good to go ,.. but no Karamba only plays CSS ( Counter Strike :Source ) ,.. so Out came the plastic ( Oh the joys of being an adult :P)

Cut a long story short I got creamed, burned , blown up , knifed , strafed often without even getting a shot off. Now I'm getting on a bit , but I hadn't realised just how bad my reflexes had gotten. And I am gonna blame SL for it, the lag dontcha know is sooo bad sometimes in some SL Sims thats you get used to having actions and reactions delayed for long seconds. Not so in CSS, Its fast and furious and the servers dump you if your latency(ping) goes to high.

So I kinda expected Karamba to lead me around the first few maps, nut uh, he just wanted to frag me! Damn Sweed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not spam comments onto my posts, all comments are moderated and only genuine 'on topic' comments will be published. Anyone repeatedly trying to spam the same off topic links into comments will be reported to Google/blogger .